2015 Application Instructions: The application window for the class beginning in July, 2015 is currently open through 02/27/2015. Applications received after close of business on 2/27/2015 will not be considered.
Note: Students are classified by the VA as uncompensated employees. There are no Upward Mobility Program opportunities for current VA employees this year. Preference shall be given to US Citizens and Veterans of the US Armed Serves.
1. OF-612 - Complete the "Optional Application for Federal Employment". This can be downloaded here. The Announcement number is 01-2015, the title is Nuclear Medicine Technologist Trainee, and the plan/series/grade is not applicable (write 'N/A' in space provided).
2. OF-306 - Complete the Declaration of Federal Employment. This can be downloaded here. While this document was designed for employees, prospective students must also complete and sign to determine eligibility for appointment.
3. Transcripts: Applicants should include a copy (unofficial) of their college transcripts. Please underline coursework in: Chemistry, Physics, Math, Oral Communications, Written Communications and Anatomy/Physiology; and,
4. Letter of Intent: Include with your application a brief (250 word or less) essay describing why you want to become a nuclear medicine technologist; and,
5. Related Experience: Include with your application a brief (150 word or less) description of any related work experience (e.g. in the health care or nuclear industry), including related volunteer work; and,
6. Current Licensure: If you're licensed in CPR or another allied health field, please include a copy of your certificate. Note that this is not a requirement for acceptance.
7. Preferred Training Site: We have student training opportunities in a) Palo Alto/Bay area, b) Sacramento-area and c) Fresno-area. While we cannot always match students with their regional preference, please let us know if you wish to be included or excluded from any of these areas. Students who do not indicate their preferred training site will be considered for all locations.
8. Professional-level Referrals: Include contact information (phone and email) for your referrals. The referrals should be supervisors, instructors or other superiors with first-hand knowledge of your skills/abilities and work ethic. You may also include letters of recommendation with your application, but these are not required.
9. Mail: Mail or hand deliver complete applications to: VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Human Resources Management Service (05A), Attn: Marie L. Romero, HR Specialist, 1776 Old Middlefield Way, Mountain View, CA 94043. Applications, transcripts or recommendations delivered to any other address (e.g. Program Director's office) will not be considered.