Selection is based on academics, related
experience, references and an interview with program officials. The
following list of prerequisite coursework must be complete at the time of application
Postsecondary education shall include as a minimum the following:
- Chemistry (with laboratory)
- College algebra (or higher level math)
- General physics (math-based courses preferred including classical mechanics,
quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and/or special relativity)
- Human anatomy and physiology (with laboratory)
- Humanities course (e.g. art, theater, dance, film, history, poetry, literature,
literature, geography, anthropology, ethics, etc)
- Oral and written communications (e.g. English literature and a speech class)
- Social science (e.g. psychology, political science, environmental studies, agriculture,
nutrition, sociology, religious studies, woman's studies, African American studies, etc)
- Beginning in 2013, all applicants must have an Associates Degree (or higher).
The NMTTP strongly encourages applicants to have some amount of clinical experience, volunteer or otherwise.
In addition, US Citizens and Military Veterans shall be given selection preference.
Will your coursework qualify? Click HERE for guidelines.